Eat “vegetables” how much to enough for the body. Can it actually help prevent disease?
How much vegetables do you eat to be enough for your body?
We all know how important are to our bodies. In addition to being one of the foods that we need to eat all 5 groups in each meal. Also come with dietary fiber that helps in the work of the digestive system. Do not let us constipate each other as well. But how do we know that How many should we eat? To suit the needs of the body each day.
According to สมัคร ufabet the amount recommended by the World Health Organization We should eat 400-500 grams a day.
400-500 grams of vegetables per day is comparable to
- 5 cups cooked vegetables or hand fist
- Fresh stir-fry, eat twice the size of cook ie 10 cups or a fist.
The benefits of eating enough vegetables
- Eating enough fruits and vegetables It can help prevent many diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease, but if you do not eat enough fruits. We will not be able to fully benefit. That we can’t eat. and may not affect or as effective in preventing disease as it should be
- besides mineral salt and vitamins also contain chemicals called “Phra-chemicals”. These substances have different properties that are good for the body depending on the color of the vegetable. Therefore, eating vegetables of various colors Or what we call “vegetables of 5 colors” will help add more nutrients that are good for the body.
5 colors of vegetables consisting of
- Green vegetables contain chlorophyll which is an antioxidant. Reduces the risk of cancer Nourish your skin to be firmer. and high in dietary fiber help in excretion Examples of green include kale, morning glory, and broccoli.
- Red vegetables contain anthocyanins, lycopene and betacyanin, which are antioxidants. Reduces the risk of cancer Nourish your skin to be firmer. Reduce the risk of prostate cancer Prevent amnesia and helps reduce fat in the blood Examples of are red bell peppers, tomatoes.
- Yellow-orangecontain lutein and beta-carotene to nourish and prevent eye degeneration. reduce cholesterol and fat in blood vessels Reduce the deterioration of cells in the body. and promote immunity Examples of yellow-orange are carrots and pumpkins.
- Blue-purple contain anthocyanins that help reduce the risk of heart disease, inhibit food poisoning, and nourish hair to be shiny. and stimulate cell function Some examples of blue-purp are eggplants and cabbage.
- White-light brown contain xanthone, synaptic acid and allicin. That help stabilize blood sugar levels. reduce fat in blood vessels reduce blood pressure and has the effect of resisting free radicals Examples of white-brown include Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, and radishes.
Fresh Vegetables VS Cook
We can eat in all forms. Whether it’s washed and cut and eaten fresh. Cooked through hot water, baked, steamed, boiled, stir-fried, curry, fried, depending on what we like. But there may be a few precautions, for example, fresh may more susceptible to pesticide residues than cook. Ripe roots are at risk of losing vitamins such as B vitamins, vitamin C and potassium from heat treatment.